Sunday, April 05, 2009

Nessun Dorma

This is several kinds of powerful and wonderful. And the YouTube clip below is one of the best versions of it I have heard...



Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.

Ma’il mio mistero e chiuso in me,
il no me mio nessun sapra!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo diro
quando la luce splendera!

Ed il mio bacio sciogliera il silenzio
che ti fa mia!

(Il nome suo nessun sapra!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)

Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincero!
vincero, vincero!

Nobody shall sleep! Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, o Princess,
In your cold room,
Watch the stars,
That tremble with love and with hope

But my secret is hidden within me,
My name no one shall know...
No!...No!... On your mouth I will tell it
When the light shines

And my kiss will dissolve the silence
That makes you mine!...

(No one will know his name
And we must, alas, die.)

Vanish, o night!
Set, stars!
Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win!
I will win, I will win!

If you like, watch this clip of Paul Potts on Britain's Got Talent... it's a great story too. He went on to win the thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA
(Couldn't embed - the embed code was disabled.)


A piu tardi.


2 comments:

Thesis Writing Service said...

Excellent post!!!I appreciate this type post. The information you have provided is exceptional.

Unknown said...

You may additionally require these UNITED STATE Facebook Suches as for succeeding competitions that are held online. buy usa likes