Monday, March 28, 2005

2 Terri Cents and Humvees

For crying out loud, put the damn tube back in and let the woman and her parents live in peace. I'm so sick and tired of Terri this, Terri that (ironic that I should choose to write about something I'm so sick of, eh?). Michael Schiavo is a low-life creep and I can't believe a bunch of judges give him more credibility than they give the parents of the girl. Now I know why Florida keeps going to a bunch of "We're-pro-life-but-we-love-killing-people-in-wars" Republicans. Even their judges are stupid. Good job to the Democrats at least for taking a stand. Somewhere. On something. Damned if I know where and what.

Anyway, on to more pleasant topics. I just found out that the US Army intended to control the entire country of Iraq with 235 Humvees when the stupid war started just about 2 years ago. 235! Why, you could count that on... erm... 47 hands! Anyway, they realized that they underestimated slightly the amount they would need so, by this Friday, they'll have increased the number a smidgen. To 22,000. Seriously now. TWENTY TWO FRICKEN THOUSAND. To be fair, the number is only 21,765 more than they had originally intended. This must be a part of the "miscalculations" that the ever-understated Defender Of Peace And Liberty The World Over (When It Suits Him) Donald Rumsfeld keeps referring to. It makes me laugh. But its not one of those hearty belly laughs that you might produce during an exceptionally funny episode of Whose Line is it Anyway? It's one of those mirthless "Dear-God-Why-is-the-strongest-free-est-and-friendliest-country-in-the-world-run-by-a-bunch-of-MORONS" laughs. It makes me cry.

No comments: