Friday, November 04, 2005

Al Franken is Boring

You know what? Al Franken is boring. That's why people turn their radio dials over to Rush between noon and 3 every weekday. Yes, Rush is 86.4% more lies than Franken is. But at least he's entertaining. For the record, Franken has a FLING (Fabricatin' Like Its Nineteen... Gosh-we're-already-in-the-21st-century) Index of 0.5 - which means I'm willing to believe half of what he says... at least half of what I manage to keep myself awake for. Seriously, listen to his show. He has that deep droning voice, thinks too much before he says anything (which is a bad thing on the radio) and basically plods through segments like a wildebeest with a hangover.

Anyway, based on my half-arsed mathematics and the FLING Matrix, we find that Rush Limbaugh has a FLING Ratio of 0.932, which effectively means that the only time he isn't lying is when he says "ummmm," "hemmmm," haawww," "folks" or "we'll be right back after this."

My posts are becoming more and more one dimensional. Stupid politics. I hereby solemnly swear that my next post will be on a subject completely different. Something like socks. Or polar bears with dysentry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shan...I'm in paper avoidance (as in I don't want to write it)...looking at your blog and reading with interest your thoughts on CCC (Crusaders)...because of my knowledge of them (main section of my undergraduate thesis)...I think tragically many can be considered crusaders, in the use of the term... at the school I researched the CCC took down the signs of the Muslim student group, tried to keep a Catholic student group from forming, attempted to intimidate the president of the Hindu student association...among many other things... I am NONE TOO FOND of that group... or their cohorts in fundamentalist Christianity- InterVarsity. Just my thoughts... Happy New Year (calendar)...