Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Right v Left v... Where's the Third Party Dammit?

Yes, long absence.

So the extreme right in America makes me laugh for the following reasons:

1. They won't give Harriet Miers due process but they demands it for Sam Alito. Oh, and George W. Bush has the right to nominate whoever he wants for the Supreme Court... as long as they agree with the pick. Otherwise God help him. But not really. Because God only loves true conservatives.
2. It's not OK to kill unborn children on purpose, but it's perfectly fine if their loss is collateral damage in war.
3. It's OK to talk of "Crusades" and "Jesus" but God Forbid you mention "Jihad" and "Allah" in the same context.
4. It's more important to point out why the left is wrong rather than why they are right (right as in correct, not right as in conservative).
5. They think they're mainstream America. Gosh, I'd be dead/deported/Gitmo'ed/something-else-that's-really terrible if they were.

Irrational, temperamental, self-centered... it's like watching a bunch of three year olds fighting over cake.

So the extreme left makes me laugh... well, cry for the following reasons:

1. They're pathetic.
2. They have no plan.
3. They have no direction.
4. They have no stance.
5. They have nothing.

And the centrists make me scratch my head and wonder why it's necessary for them to align with one set of kooks or the other. What a waste of intelligence.

McCain-Powell 2008. You heard it first here. In my dreams.

Notice I rarely back up my opinons with solid facts. This is because:

1. I don't really have the time to fact-check and cite and source and all that jazz.
2. This is MY HOUSE. I say what I want!

No comments: