Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pahari Bakra

I have dabbled in song writing (though it's usually a mistake to call it that in my case) from an early age. And by early, I mean 14ish, when, before school every morning, Moinuddin and I would churn out classics like "We got to cheat, just to make it today" and "In the classroom, in the country, we're doing chemistry."

All our hits paled, though, in comparison to the one monster track, composed in honor of our friend Imran Akbar, who we thought looked like a mountain goat. I could have sworn I had already posted this here, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, here is Pahari Bakra (Mountain Goat - translation in italics, in case you couldn't tell)

*Opening riff (massive distortion of course):
Jig-jig-jig-jig Jig-jig-jig-jig Chyaon Chyaon Chyaon Chyaon
Jig-jig-jig-jig Jig-jig-jig-jig Chyaon Chyaon Chyaon Chyaon


Mein ne pahari bakra dekha
I saw a mountain goat

Woh khet mein ghaas char raha tha
He was chewing grass in a field

Mein ne kaha,"Aye, Pahari Bakra!"
I said, "Hey, Mountain Goat!"

*Repeat opening riff (still with massive distortion)


Pahari Bakray idhar aa!
Mountain goat, come this way!

Mujhe apna munh dikhaa!
Let me see your face!

Aye, Pahari Bakra!
Hey, Mountain Goat!

*Repeat opening riff (don't forget the massive distortion)

Pahari Bakra nah aaya
Mountain Goat did not come

Woh chehra mur ke bhaag gayaa
He turned his head and ran away

Abay jaa, Pahari Bakra!
Fine then leave, Mountain Goat!

*End with opening riff (yes, the massive distortion)

Someday, someone will give me 2 hours of studio time (plus musicians) as a birthday present. Then I will record this baby and go platinum with it.

2 comments:

S. said...

mashAllah.

Anonymous said...

Messed up.

And I don't mean that in a minority sense that means, "way cool"